FLAC is a general purpose audio format supported by many programs, but in this section we are concentrating on just the official tools provided by the FLAC project:
- flac - The command-line encoder and decoder.
- metaflac - The command-line metadata editor.
- plugins - Setting up the Winamp and XMMS plugins.
- Bugs - How to report bugs and request features, and a list of known bugs in the FLAC tools.
- Request Support - Support for the official FLAC tools. For other programs, use hydrogenaudio.org
- FLAC Mailing List - General discussion about FLAC, tools, releases, etc. (You must subscribe to post.)
See Getting FLAC
for instructions on downloading and installing the official FLAC tools, or Using FLAC
for instructions and guides on playing FLAC files, ripping CDs to FLAC, etc.